October 3rd, Meeting at the RED CROSS on Grove Road, Greenville…at 7:30p
Marc Tarplee, N4UFP will be the presenter for this meeting,
His Presentation of Amateur Radio: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
We Looking for Nominees contact ….kd4dra at gmail.com
If you would like to post on the website, you must register, and this is simple!
Click the register button to the right, choose a username (your call would be best), and then enter your email address. Your password will be emailed to you. Log in with your username and the password that is emailed to you. At this point you will fill out more info, and you can choose your own password.
Thanks for your interest in the Website and the BRARS Club.
I ran across this 6 Months ago, and thought it was interesting, do you follow this?
1. The Amateur is Considerate … He never knowingly uses the air in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
Written by W9EEA – Paul Segal – circa 1928
2. The Amateur is Loyal … He offers his loyalty, encouragement and support to his fellow radio amateurs, his local club and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio is represented.
3. The Amateur is Progressive … He keeps his station abreast of science. It is well built and efficient. His operating practice is above reproach.
4. The Amateur is Friendly … Slow and patient sending when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others; these are the marks of the amateur spirit.
5. The Amateur is Balanced … Radio is his hobby. He never allows it to interfere with any of the duties he owes to his home, his job, his school, or his community.
6. The Amateur is Patriotic … His knowledge and his station are always ready for the service of his country and his community.
We have partnered with Greer Parks and Recreation, and have approval to use their classroom at the Victor Park facility to teach Amateur Radio classes. We will start with an Upgrade Class (to General) but anticipate offering all levels of instruction in the future.
Instructors will be Gary, W4EEY and Bill, N4IQ.
We will be using the ARRL General Class License Manual, Eighth Edition, which will be available for purchase at $25. There are no other fees for the class.
I’ve attached a flyer in Word format. The info in the flyer is below:
A Ham Radio Class is Forming Now!
The Greer Amateur Radio Club will be holding a ten week course, where you can learn everything you need in order to earn your General Class FCC Amateur Radio License.
This is an upgrade class. You should already have your amateur Technician license to participate. The General Class license is your gateway to the world-wide excitement of long distance HF Amateur Radio …
Classes begin on
September 13, 2016, 6:30PM
at the Victor Park Gym Classroom
108 South Line Street
Greer, SC 29651
Registration is requested.
To join, contact:
Gary Wise, W4EEY
Ladies and Gentlemen
The hardware for the 82 project is now on the bench with power connected
The next step will be the construction of interface cables followed by programming